From basic arithmetic to using formulas, this fully updated edition applies essential practical math skills directly to the field of heating and cooling technology. All math concepts use terminology specific to the HVAC-R trade to help technicians prepare for problems they will encounter on the job. The entire range of mathematics problems used in the field are covered - from whole numbers, fractions, ratio and proportion, to percentages, measures, formulas, and trigonometry. Extensive multi-level word problems challenge students to use logical deduction, preparing them for situations like those to be encountered on the job along with useful practice opportunities in the book to help readers learn to write up estimates and bills.
- Practice problems, A Review Unit, and Review Tests enable readers to easily absorb the information and conceive of its use in the field
- A discussion of calculator use is supplemented with examples of how to use one to create estimates
- Realistic drawings and illustrations encourage understanding by providing a visualization of problems presented
- A comprehensive glossary defines terms specific to heating and cooling, while conversion charts present critical field information at a glance
- Serves as a math text on its own, as well as a supplement to a general math book