Now Hiring: RETA Assistant Education Manager
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
RETA Assistant Education Manager
Responsible for planning, managing, and implementing the RETA educational mission as approved by the Executive Director. Serves as RETA Education subject matter expert. Brings current and future educational projects to successful completion in order to support RETA’s ANSI accreditation requirements.
Duties, Responsibilities and Objectives
- Assist the Education Manager in achieving Key Objectives as directed by the Executive Director.
- Assist the Education Manager in planning and coordinating the short-term and long-term workload of Education Committee teams in an efficient and logical manner while meeting the RETA Mission Statement.
- Attend and participate in Education Committee meetings
- Develops and/or leads the development and implementation of:
- Refrigeration operating, maintenance, safety and PSM/RMP training videos
- Refrigeration related webinars
- Develop materials and support for virtual online RETA Chapter
- Voice over PowerPoint training presentations that can be used in all RETA Chapters
- SOPs for the Hands-on modules to go on the road
- New educational materials as directed by the Executive Director that meet ANSI standards
- A library to provide free materials that meet the training and educational needs of the RETA membership
- Expansion and support for the RETA Authorized Instructor (RAI) program to determine what they need from RETA to further education, training and safety in the refrigeration industry.
- Conversion of all RETA educational materials to SI units and Spanish translation
- Schedule and execute Train the Trainer instructional courses to provide skills members need to become RAIs
- Coordinate outreach to high schools and colleges in order to draw more potential operators and mechanics to the refrigeration industry
- Assist with production and publication of the RETA Breeze and Technical Report
- Assist with development of the educational program at Conference along with reviewing the educational papers
- Coordinate with the Certification Committee as directed
- Remain current on new industry developments
- Schedule reviews and updates of existing RETA educational materials
- Participate in Refrigeration Career and Safety days to draw more candidates to the industrial refrigeration industry
- Assist in management of the RETA Apprenticeship Program
- Manage inventory of RETA educational materials with printing house
- Familiarity with the general content of each RETA book
- Fulfill and place training material orders and assist members and non-members in selecting educational materials
- Navigate the RETA database and website and answer technical questions submitted by RETA members
- Strong presence in websites, social media and chatrooms related to the trade.
- Assist in management of RETA online training
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including public speaking
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Superior planning, organizational and project management skills
- Strong proficiency in Windows based PC computer software programs including Microsoft Office Suite, WebEx, and Adobe
- Background in industrial refrigeration - technical and refrigeration operating, maintenance, compliance, systems, and safety knowledge
- Background in technical editing and writing
Education: Relevant B.S. or B.A. degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: Seven (7) plus years’ experience in Refrigeration, Engineering, or Maintenance education and training required
Experience preferred in at least three of the following areas:
- Management and delivery of refrigeration-related training
- Design and development of training programs for adults
- Use of instructional technology to develop adult learning programs
- Distance learning and online teaching tools
- Train the Trainer programs
Must work in the RETA office in Albany, Oregon
Must travel in order to attend Conferences, meetings, and training classes.
$55,000 - $70,000 per year DOE. DRUG FREE AAP/EEOC/M/F/D/V.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 541-497-2966 or mail to RETA HQ 1035 2nd Ave SE, Albany, OR 97321